The Cabrillo community is dedicated to establishing and maintaining a positive and productive learning environment. The staff values and appreciates working in partnership with our families to facilitate our school mission.
· Every student has the right to attend a safe, healthy, and orderly campus where the school culture promotes a positive attitude toward learning.
· Every student will have access to an instructional program that is challenging, relevant, and engaging.
· Every student and staff member will work together to provide a campus climate that values each individual student and his/her unique background and culture.
· Every student and staff member will work together to promote community service, environmental responsibility and global awareness.
· Every student and staff member will utilize technology in safe, collaborative, and innovative ways while practicing appropriate digital citizenship.
Julie Blevins, a kindergarten teacher at Mound Elementary School in the Ventura Unified School District (VUSD), received the “Chris Prewitt Eternal Optimist Award” last week. The “Chris Prewitt Eternal Optimist Award” was created in memory of Chris Prewitt, beloved VUSD Assistant Principal, who passed away in 2014.
Ventura City Council Member Jeannette Sanchez-Palacios, the Ventura Chamber of Commerce, and the Ventura Unified School District (VUSD) Board of Education joined VUSD staff and families for a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Tuesday, August 30, 2022, to officially mark the opening of VUSD’s newest K-8 school. The Academy of Technology & Leadership at Saticoy (ATLAS) joins two other schools in the District, serving students in a K-8 environment.
The Ventura Unified School District (VUSD) Board of Education has voted to hire Dr. Greg Bayless as the new Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services.